This past week literally flew by. It was also last week of ‘summer hours’ for the year. I will surely miss getting off work at 3pm on Fridays. T. and I are spending this Labor Day weekend in Sagaponack in Long Island. Our ever generous friend is letting us stay in his beautiful home, using his pool and hot tub. What a treat. We are enjoying peace and quiet, lots of nature and being a bit lazy too. The evenings are getting a bit chilly so last night we enjoyed an outdoor fire pit too. Fall is definitely coming.
Frugality wise, two things that consistently help me save most money are:
- Making dinners at home and from scratch as well as brownbagging lunches for work
- Spending time with friends who understand and accept the fact that my priority is to save money rather than spend it
Although I still do find it difficult sometimes to stay assertive and keep saying ‘no’.
- No, let’s just grab a coffee (instead of a drink)
- No, how about we share a pastry and eat it at home (instead of doing a sit down dessert from a restaurant menu)
- No, how about we do something for free (instead of buying a ticket to a concert)
- Let’s spend this Sunday in a park (instead of going to Cold $ Spring for a day)
Having a friend or two who get where I am coming from without making me feel guilty for not spending money on going out with them, is something I really appreciate.
How did YOU save money last week?