The other day, while in the office and looking for some files in the storage area, I stumbled upon a dusty book. Since I am a sucker for books, especially ones that seem inspiring and in search of an owner, I put it aside to skim through.
The seemingly children’s book (no idea how it even ended up in a child-free office like mine) is a gem. Also, as of last night it found a new home and currently resides in Queens 😉
While I see myself as a very positive person, I tend to fall off the wagon occasionally, especially in January (and a bit of February too) with these temperatures being below freezing, it is just too easy to feel a bit blue (whiny, ungrateful and just overall cranky).
I definitely appreciate an unexpected source of happiness quotes and some suggestions on how to put myself in a happy state of mind. Of course all good things require some sort of work. But fear not, this work is actually pleasant. A ‘Happiness List’! That seems easy, right?
I truly believe there is no happiness without gratitude. And no matter what is currently going on in our lives, we always have something to be grateful for.
Ask uplifting questions
- What am I happy about in my life?
- What is going well?
- What am excited about?
- What can I look forward to?
Happiness = Dogs
Do you agree? 🙂
Telling someone you care makes both of you happier
And it’s free!
My Happiness List
- When I hear my dad joking and in high spirits (this is when I know he is well and I don’t worry)
- When I receive photo and video updates of my nieces
- When T. dances for me (and does ‘the big bird’ pose!)
- Full fridge right after grocery shopping
- My sewing machine!
- Christmas tree
- Silky hand cream
- Sleeping in on a Saturday and coffee in bed
- The smell of spring in the air
- Cabarete in Dominican Republic
- A bath
- First night in fresh sheets
Would is on your list?