I have been enjoying daily encouragement emails from Ms. Frugalwoods (on ‘no spend’ January). I don’t do the ‘bare bones’ version of the challenge, I still do grocery shopping as usual but try to stay away from everything else. No coffee out, no clothing, no snacks or lunches. Basically no goodies, just needs.
Saying that, this week I spent more on the ‘extras’ as compared to the week before (which is when I spend $0). I probably could have held of with purchasing the items for the time being but I assessed that it was important that I just get them.
- I got a razor with 2 extra cartridges for T. for only $4.60 or so through Amazon subscribe & save. He is on his last cartridge now and I would have to buy the replacement cartridges in February anyway. Buying it now, at this great discount (when you clip the online $3 coupon and use free Amazon Prime shipping), it will save me at least a couple of bucks. Once it arrives I will cancel the subscribe and save option.
- I also purchased a L’Oréal powder. I was in desperate need to replace the one that barely had anything left in a tin. Since I have to look presentable at work I do put a little make up on on weekdays. Powder, some blush and mascara. For the powder I purchased I used 30% off email that CVS sends out every Thursday, $3 off coupon and a $2 extra bucks from my winter CVS spendings. I paid $4.45 or something like that.
- Last but not least, I got a cup full of Annie’s pretzel bites, of all things. 😳
Not just that, we got it just before going into the gym, like 2 minutes before it. I was starving and getting really unhappy and I knew I had to eat something. Had a choice of Annie’s pretzels or something from Starbucks but couldn’t resists the smell of Annie’s!
I have some frugal things to share as well:
- I gave myself a little in-home spa. Face peeling and mask, a bath, T. gave me a foot massage and then I gave myself a mani and pedi. Total cost $1 at most, using the beauty products I already have.
- T.’s friend gave us his Netflix login. :)! We used all free trials and I really did not want to sign up for a paid subscription. (We already have Apple TV and access to Amazon prime through my work’s account)
- I made turmeric capsules, in the long run it will save me money. I am also planning to use the capsule machine to make capsules with pure vitamin C. I brought a 1 lb jar from Poland.
- I brought five (5!) leftover salads from work’s sponsored lunch. I am the only one who EVER takes anything back home. The salads were a base for our dinners for 3 days. I just added some feta cheese, raisins and an avocado and voilá.
- T. And I are embracing free entertainment which is great, love it when we are on the same page. On top of checking out free events, I have my frugal blogs and he has his surfing 🏄🏼
How is YOUR week going?